Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Coming up for air!

It is sooo nice to actually be able to sit back and relax in the evenings again!!! My class officially ended last Wednesday when I submitted my last draft of the paper. I logged in today and found my grade was a 95! Thank God for the Swine flu day off of school. That is the only reason I was able to do so well on the last draft. If I figured my average correctly, I should have an A for my final grade. I was sure that this would be the class that killed my 4.0 but somehow I pulled it off. Maybe I will be able to get a few things done in the few weeks before my next classes start.

The end of the school year is in sight. Only 11 more days of school left for this year!!!!!!!! I know we are all ready for the summer vacation but not ready for the changes next year. One of the teachers in 4th grade is definitely leaving at the end of the year and we are going to add a 5th section of 4th grade. So no matter what we will have 2 new teachers to bring into the group. We have all been so close for the last few years it will be hard to change. The next few weeks are so busy for us. We have 4th graders testing for advanced math and science classes next week. Our 4th grade play "Tall Tales and Heroes" is on next Thursday night for Rocket Celebration night. The book fair is next week and I promised Linda (the librarian) I would help with it to get some experience at what it takes. We visit the Intermediate school for a tour next week. Then the next week we have our field trip "Baseball day" which is always a blast to celebrate the fact that we have made it to the end of the year. The only negative of the next few weeks is the TAKS results should be in soon and I know my students may not have all done well (especially in math).

Hopefully I will be able to update this more often during the summer and keep up with my friends more than I have for the last couple of months!

No comments: