Monday, January 26, 2009

Long Weekend

This weekend was long in a bad way. Sitting in class for 4 days and listening to lectures is not my idea of a lot of fun. There were moments that were enjoyable and I did meet new people that are in the class. Today is the last day and we have agreed to work through lunch so that we can leave today at 2 instead of 3. Tomorrow I return to school and my lovely students. Then I need to get everything ready since I have jury duty on Thursday. I plan to get everything ready just in case I have to return on Friday for another day of jury duty.

Last night was fun. I went to my cousins house and spent time with her and her family. The dogs were what made the night the most interesting. First Spike wanted to jump all over me. Then the outside dogs broke a hole in the fence and escaped. After we rounded up Stitch and Sugar and locked them in the garage we let my cousins son drive us to pick up the pizzas for dinner. That was a scary experience. Letting a kid in drivers ed drive at night is definitely not my idea of fun. We had a few scary moments like when he almost hit my new car pulling out from in front of the house. But overall, he did an okay job of getting us there and back. After eating I went back to the hotel and crashed yet again. Falling asleep with the TV and lights on seems to be the new thing for me. Hopefully my sleep schedule will return to normal since I am returning to my own bed tonight.

No comments: