Sunday, January 11, 2009

Family Frustration

Before I start let me say I do love my family. With that said they are driving me insane!!! I really do want to move out and be on my own, but with paying tuition for grad school my only choice is to stay at home for a little more than one more year. Hopefully I will make it without loosing my mind. This weekend has really proven the point with me. It seems that we are all biting each others heads off at every turn. I also have heard more comments about living at home at my age than I ever care to hear in my whole life. Yes, I know most 29 year old people don't live at home (or even want to), but in order to purchase a home like I want I need to be here to save up the money while paying off debts. I have done a pretty good job I think. In the last 2 1/2 years I have paid off over half of my credit card debt (it was over $15,000). It has taken a lot of diligence and sacrificing some of the things I use to love to do (shopping for clothes/shoes, dining out, just being able to purchase things when I want them).

The one good thing that is happening for me is I am keeping up with grading papers. If only I can get everything else done that needs to be done I will have it made. My classes start again on the 20th so I will be working hard this next week to get everything I need done.

No comments: