Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Shhhh! Don't tell yet!

Okay to all my friends who also follow my news on facebook you can't say anything over there yet. I have great news!! I got a job as a librarian today!!! Can you tell I'm excited?!!! (overuse of exclamation marks!!!). Okay I'll stop now. Anyway, I'm going to be an elementary school librarian next year. It is nerve wracking because this will be the first time this district has even had librarians. I really want to meet the other 2 that were hired so we can get to know each other. (p.s. The reason I don't want this on Facebook is some of the teachers I teach with are friends with me on there and they can't know yet.) I signed the contract today, but the school board won't approve it until Thursday night. The assistant superintendent says he will call me after the approval so I can officially resign from Springtown. I may have a breakdown before the summer is over. Now the fun begins, I get to pack my classroom (again) and move it all out. I think I'm going to get a storage unit b/c there is no more room at the inn (mom and dad's) and they really don't want more of my junk here. I guess Wal-Mart and Target are going to make a fortune on me b/c I'm planning to buy plastic storage boxes to keep everything in just in case I need it again anytime soon. If nothing is used or needed after 1 year I will have a huge yard/classroom sale and get rid of a bunch of the stuff. Ahhh, the classwork is calling yet again. Trying to get started on my mid-term even if it's not due until the end of the month (don't want to be a procrastinator anymore).

2 comments:

Heather said...

Congratulations lady!! SO excited for you! :)

Megan said...

Thanks Heather! I can't wait.