Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Bluebonnet Book List

I am working on reading the books on the Bluebonnet list for the next year. I read one, Piper Reed Navy Brat, before school was out. My class last year really enjoyed it. Piper is a very precarious child who is always into something. She is the middle child in the family and is disappointed when her dad is re-stationed to Florida. She does find some good in the move but life is not always easy for a Navy Brat.

Last night I read Where I Live. This very cute story is written in poetry form about a girl and her life. She gives the highs and lows of her life. Like Piper, Diana is faced with an unexpected move. With this book Diana gets to spend most of it saying good-bye to those who she has to leave behind.

I highly recommend both books for anyone looking for a good children's book.

No comments: