Monday, August 25, 2008

PANIC

Well, I just may end up in a straight jacket before the end of the semester. I have spent the evening posting my opening messages for classes and reading other posts. I then went to the syllabus of each class. This is when the panic attack started. I will have to read about 100 different children's books in just a few short months. I know I have read some of them but the majority of them are ones I've never heard of (and it takes a lot for a good book to get by me). Then I noticed my other class will require 5 15 page papers!!!! What are they thinking. There are over 100 of us in this class. Do they really think they can read all of them. Even if there is more than one instructor, it will take awhile to get through them. I hope this doesn't turn into the same situation as my summer class where I didn't know my grade for the different assignments until right before the final (2 of the grades were posted after I finished and submitted my final). I really hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm passing through! Teaching is hard. I was a teacher. I prefer the calmness of the library. But if you do the library thing, be a school librarian and make that your concentration. Public librarians are going to go away. College librarians often require 2 masters, have very specific qualifications, and pay the least. I feel compelled to pass this on so there it is.