Monday, June 22, 2009

I caved to peer pressure!

I joined Facebook. I was already on Myspace so I always thought why bother with the other. I figured one was just like the other until I found out that many of my friends that aren't on Myspace are on Facebook. So of course I caved in and opened an account. I figure with all the reading I've been doing on social networking and their relationship to libraries it's only fitting that I join in. I have even uploaded some of my George Strait pictures there. I know I said I would upload them here but I want to tweek a few things first and then they will be up. I'll try to pick one of the videos and upload it tomorrow.

I also remember my promise not to procrastinate and yet have let that go once again. I had a 1500 word paper due tonight and waited to finish it until about 2 hours before the actual due time. I guess if I had started a little earlier I wouldn't have been in such a rush. I've had 3 weeks to work on this and waited until Friday to even start on it. Now I'll have 2 of the same type of paper due next Sunday (once again I haven't started). I have decided for at least the next week that I am going to dedicate 4 hours each day to concentrating on school work. That means I'll really have to watch my online time and make sure I'm really working and not just surfing the net. I tend to get sidetracked very easily lately. I guess I figure it's summer and I'm free from work. I'll just have to set a timer and make myself work. Maybe once I get in the habit it won't be so bad. The one good thing I can say is that I'm home by myself (well except for the dogs) most of the day. This week will be the true test of how I do.

No comments: