Saturday, March 30, 2013

Horror!!!

For those who know me, you know I don't like bugs. I can handle a single bug on my own but don't want them in large amounts. Today was the equivalent of a horror movie for me.

Last night at 2 a.m. we had some severe storms blow through which woke me up. I had slept with my windows open since the weather was nice and needed to close them. Then I went to my living room and opened the sliding glass door and made sure the screen was closed good. This allowed me to keep my apartment cool and the rain out. I finally fell back asleep about an hour later. At this time, everything seemed fine (I could be wrong about that).

When I finally woke up I wasn't very motivated to do anything so I decided to lay in bed and read. After awhile, I went into my bathroom and noticed a couple of small weird bugs on my floor. I didn't think anything of it and killed them. Later I went back to the bathroom and noticed a couple more bugs. Again I killed them but started looking around to see if I could tell where they were coming from. I pulled back my shower curtain and almost died. My whole tub was filled with these little bugs!!!!! I didn't scream but really wanted to. I grabbed cleaning spray and started killing them with that. Then I rinsed them down the drain and started looking around the bathroom more. I just kept finding these little bugs everywhere. I, of course, was disgusted. At this point I decided it would take me scrubbing the bathroom down and hoping they would all die.

After the deep cleaning, which included a tip I had pinned from Pinterest of putting 1/2 cup of baking soda down the drain and following it with 1/2 cup of white vinegar then pouring boiling water to flush it all down, I still found 2 or 3 small bugs around the bathroom.

Now I have spent the rest of the day checking around my apartment to make sure the bugs didn't go to any other room and cleaning. I have no idea if the bugs came in through the drain, wall, windows, or somewhere else in the apartment, but I really don't want to go through another horror movie experience. In a way I wish I had taken a picture of the bugs in the tub, but I wouldn't want anyone else to have to live that horror even through pictures.

If you have any suggestions for me please feel free to leave them in the comments. I NEVER want to go through anything like that again.

No comments: