Saturday, July 14, 2012

Long time no write....

Well, I realized recently that it has been over a year since I last posted anything on here. I'm not sure if that means that I've really been that busy or if I've just gotten lazy about updating since Facebook keeps so much of the same info that I would put here.

I have had some big changes in the last year. I moved into my own apartment and have enjoyed (almost) every minute of it. I live about 10 minutes from the school I work at now and that makes it great on getting ready for work in the morning.

This first year in the new school has been hectic and I know this next year will be as well. With a student body of over 1,000 students it is really hard to learn names. I didn't even realize that 2 boys in 3rd grade were twins until late April when I called one by the other's name. Next year will be a little better with between 700-800 students but we will have PK-5th grade now. Next year will also get crazy in the spring semester because of preparing to move into the new building. I am super excited because I've actually been asked for my input on how to make this library look good and function well for the school.

This summer has been good. I have spent some time resting up, reading materials to help with next year, and having some fun. I plan to keep this more up to date in the future (and if I don't I'll end up taking this blog down.) I will also be working more toward keeping up my other blog about what I've been reading. I have read a lot of new books this summer and would recommend a few of them as excellent. Look for reviews of them to come soon on my other blog.

No comments: