Monday, March 23, 2009

Return to normal

Spring break has ended. :( I got about half of the things done that needed to be done (but of course several things were added to the list as I went through the week). Today was the first day back with the kiddos. As normal, the morning went pretty well (only a few issues to deal with) but the afternoon they are just NUTS!! They just want to talk, play, and avoid doing any work. It's a good thing that I have moved my math time to the A.M. and language arts to afternoon. The only other thing I can think of doing is to eliminate group work except maybe once a week. I know the kids will gripe but maybe it will prove a point and the behavior will improve. I think it's also time to rearrange a few of the desks so that friends are further away from each other. Maybe this will take care of a few more of the problems that have started up in the class. Well, I've put off my classwork long enough. Time to get crackin' and get this thing done.

No comments: