Sunday, November 2, 2008

Long Weekend Bummer

I decided to make this a long weekend and take off Friday and Monday from school. I thought I would be very productive and get a lot of course work done plus do a few things around the house. It is now Sunday night and I have done nothing around the house.

On Friday, I went with my mom and voted. After that I spent the day getting my 9 journal articles completed since they were due at 11:59 p.m. I managed to finish at 11:09 p.m. I love this teacher because she has already graded it and I got a 94!

On Saturday, I started feeling bad and spent most of the day sleeping. I guess that is what I get for putting things off. Everything seems to hit me at once. I think it is my allergies/sinuses that are bothering me again but who knows it may be a cold again.

Today, Sunday, I worked on my paper that I thought I had another week to complete but just figured out is due on Tuesday. I also wrote my lesson plan for my storytime activity with the prek class. I am doing that tomorrow morning and am very nervous. I have never taught a group of 4 and 5 year olds before. The closest I have ever been were the 2 days I substituted for kindergarten and that was about 7 years ago!! I know the kids will be great though because the teacher is really good and she has helped me a lot with the lesson.

Tomorrow ends my days off and I don't think I will have one minute of downtime. After the lesson, I have to take my vehicle to the dealership because I have a screw in my right rear tire! I have only had the vehicle for 3 months and already I am having issues. At least it is covered under my warranty. After that will be the many errands that must be done and then my dentist appointment. Not to mention all the laundry, grading, and other classwork I need to get done. Oh well, at least I am a little closer to the end of the semester.

Hopefully, it won't be so long before I post again.

No comments: